Now-a-days with increased use of digital cameras its far easier to post-process images without having to know your chemicals and the sometimes arcane skill set you needed to do similar things in the dark room. However just because you can Photoshop your images to within an inch of their life doesn’t mean you should!
Digital Photography school has just put up a very amusing article on the 10 Deady Post Processing Sins. These include:
- Don’t buy photoshop right out of the gate.
- Processing fads rhyme with “stay away for the love of all that is holy.”
- Radioactive eyes are so last season.
- Skin should not look like it was grafted from Barbie, Ken, or Skipper.
- A heavy vignette does not a professional photograph make.
- Just say “NO” to over saturation.
- Selective colouring died circa 1990.
- Don’t make your clients look dead.
- Fake Sun flare . . . looks fake. and stupid.
- Textures? I’ve only ever seen a hand full of photographers who can really pull them off.
Check out the link below for the full article complete with suitably bad example images!