Well news broke yesterday evening that Canon had a new camera out, with CNET apparently jumping the gun and posting a video review before Canon even made an announcement. But now its official.
The features of the new camera, pretty much aimed at the Nikon D90 are:
- 15.1 Megapixel APS-C CMOS sensor
- Full HD movie recording with HDMI connection for viewing and playback on an HDTV
- ISO 100-3200 (expandable to 12800)
- 3.4 frames per second continuous shooting
- Max. 170 large JPEG images in a single burst
- 3.0″ ClearView LCD with Live View mode
- 9-point wide area AF with cross type centre point
- High speed DIGIC 4 performance and superb image quality
- EOS Integrated Cleaning System
- Full compatibility with Canon EF and EF-S lenses and EX-series Speedlites, including new Speedlite 270EX, TS-E 17mm f/4L and TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II
You can check out the full details and features on DP Review. However on a personal level I wish Canon would concentrate more on being able to deliver those cameras already in the marketplace. The 5D Mk II is impossible to find and I’ve had one on back-order for a while now. There’s obviously a delivery chain problem.