Well as you’ve probably already seen as the blogosphere seems alive with the news the eagerly anticipated Canon 5D Mk II has been finally revealed.
The key specs are:
- New 21.1 Megapixel CMOS sensor with improved EOS Integrated Cleaning System (E.I.C.S.)
- New Full HD 1080 resolution movie recording
- 3.9 frames per second continuous shooting
- High performance DIGIC 4 providing superb image quality
- Maximum 310 large JPEG images in a single burst with a UDMA card
- 3.0″ VGA (920k dots) Clear View LCD
- ISO 100-6400 (expansion from 50 up to 25,600)
- 9 AF points + 6 Assist AF points
The full HD movie recording is interesting. Not particularly interesting to me, but after Nikon also added this to a recent release it seems the way the market is going.
The camera should be available from the end of November with a RRP of £2,299 for the body only. For more comprehensive information check out the DP Review link below.
Update: DP Review have now posted a hands on review of the new 5D